Wednesday, June 19, 2013

(UN)thinkable- UN-Speakable

Where do I start. I have lots on my mind and nothing seems to get it out. Its like, have you ever known that one person, who sits in a group, but says nothing? That one person who, when you ask them what their thinking, they ignore you because they themselves cannot explain it. No matter how much you nudge them, they shake you off and change the subject, and you just want to dig deeper and understand their thoughts. Yes, my mind is like that right now, but something tells me I must get this out into the open. People  must hear. If only my mind had a voice of its own...oh wait...it does.... My mouth.
There's this song, by the incredible artist Plumb. The words say, how every body has a story to tell, and everybody has a wound to heal. How we get so tired of holding on, and we cant let go, we cant move on. How were trying to hear his small voice, but how the noise of this life is captivating our every move. We call out "God I need you now," and no matter how much we want to believe there's meaning, we struggle to find the strength to carry on. My friend Ticket brought this song to my attention one night. And if you truly listen to the words, its not a song at all, it is a prayer, a cry, its the mind of someone. Just how that person in the crowd cannot explain what their thinking, this song is like the thoughts of so many. Of course, I am not saying everyone thinks the same way, in fact probably no-one else in the world has ever has this particular thought, but its the way that it is put out there, the way it is written, and if you have never had yourself a deep thought, then you will be completely lost in what I am trying to say.
When I have so much on my mind, I write, when im around others, I draw, I draw my mind onto the paper, no one else understands it, because its all abstract and such, but I get it.
Right now, I am not getting out what I want to say. What I want to say is, so many people in this tinyly-huge world and hurt and struggling and calling out. Just listen to that song its full of sorrow! We as Christians are like that to, but the difference between us and others is we have God to lean on! Now, im not gonna sit back and take all that junk people give others! I want to step up and speak my mind! I want to tell people that just because there lost doesn't mean they can be found! God can do anything right? I mean, he could even convert Satan into a fellow belive and Christian, Couldn't he? God almighty! Strong and Power ful! And then theres us who and hurt and broken and torn from things of this earth when all we need is to lean on God! If any of you out there knows that one guy or girl in the crowd that doesnet speak. That just thinks. I have advice. Do Not push it out of them. but dig deep into their life. How to dig deep? I guess i'll have to have another blog about that. Pray for them. Maybe ask to pray with them. Encourage them, I bet over half of those "thinkers" are amazing writers, and creative artists....They have to be! Speak life into them! Sometimes it takes a push, and then they'll cave and tell you all. But When you push them into telling you their thoughts, the thoughts that have no way of being voiced, At least 75% of people who sit back and observe and think quietly to themselves will reject and push you away if you try to hard, because they cant deliver to you what you want. They cant voice out loud all there "Thoughts". I m sorry if you don't understand. This is why I don't speak of this subject ofter. If your as into this subject as I am, leave a comment....or E-Mail at SafelyChoosen@gmail.com
Dear God. Give me the words to speak. and let this Nation See you as a light in this Darkness!
Your Little Light.
Safe Promises

1 comment:

  1. Dear safe promIses I have a frend who's a "thinker" and I'd love to get some more addvice on how to get him/ her to open up without pushing them away or shutting down.
    I love reading your blog and seeing what God Is doing in your life and hearing your thoughts on the things He's done. Thank you for being so open and hounist and for "attempting" to share all the things He's laid on your heart. I look forward to the next blog keep up the good work.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete